1. Wear sunscreen, and reapply. And don’t forget about it on cloudy days. Everyone needs sunscreen. Everyone!
2. Wear that swimsuit – you look cute and no one cares. The beach is for all bodies.
3. The best plans are plans not made.
4. Drink water, lots and lots of water.
5. Take vitamins.
6. Mind your business. Summers are for joy not gossip.
7. Do something that scares you. Jump that cliff, get that piercing, ride that jet ski.
8. Frolick like you’re in a movie.
9. Naps are important. Naps are life.
10. Do what fosters joy when you can.
11. Eat well.
12. You don’t have to drink alcohol if you don’t want to. You will have just as much fun.
13. Make friends. The more the merrier.
14. Capture everything. Film, take photos, journal record it all.
15. Try not to compare. Comparison is the biggest thief of joy
And most importantly always remember that joy comes in waves. I’m a strong believer that we should all live life to the fullest but sometimes that can’t always be. And that’s okay.